Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy 21st Birthday, Kristen!

Today, July 1, 2009, is my niece's 21st birthday. This girl has her head on straight...she has risen above some adversity in her life and has always been very cognizant to do the right thing. This may have gotten her a label of "goody two shoes" at times, but in the end, she's way ahead of a lot of people her age.

So this got me to thinking to back when I was 21. I was a late bloomer with pretty much everything in life, but at 21, my goal was to be living on my own and starting a great career. That's probably one of the few times in my life that I reached a goal in the timeline that I had anticipated. I was a college graduate, living in a great apartment in Milwaukee with an awesome job as the media buyer for a large, medical equipment company. I was in charge of a ridiculous amount of money and had more decision power than any 21 year old should have. But wow, did I learn, and man, what a ride that was.

Looking back, I am so thankful to that experience, because it showed me then and it shows me now that I do have the capabilities, the drive and the inner spirit to "go get 'em, Girl". Especially now, when I need to channel the mental and physical energy of that 21-year old to get me going as I enter this new phase of my life.

So for all of you in a similar situation, whether it be a job, a relationship, or just a state of mind, try channeling that point in your life when you WERE strong and you DID have it goin' on, and you will see that it IS there and you CAN do it. Godspeed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those of you not commenting directly from a blog, the simplest way to leave a comment is to go to the "Comment as" dropdown menu and select Name/URL. Type in your name and don't worry about the URL.