Saturday, July 17, 2010

Find out who you write like


Click on the link below and plug in a sample of your writing and see what famous author you might write like. If no one comes up, call me and we'll talk.

I Write Like

Apparently I write like David Foster Wallace. On the plus side, he was big into irony, as am I. On the down side, he committed suicide in 2008.

***A footnote for my comment-challenged friends: If you want to give me your feedback, click on "Comments" at the bottom of any of my posts. I've inserted instructions on how to leave me your thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. I like this ! Says I write like Ray Bradbury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write like Margaret Atwood. Is that good?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I write like James Joyce. I'm not sure how I feel about that. He is rather brilliant, yet somewhat difficult to read, what with all of that "stream of consciousness" stuff and all. I don't think most people would consider me one who runs on and on, typing out what ever comes to mind. Most would say I'm rather measured and thoughtful in my style. Oh, "thoughtful," well, perhaps that's the link. I'm thinking, thinking, thinking, thinking, writing, writing, writing. Suddenly, I feel inspired to go to Dublin. Perhaps I should book a flight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. bram stoker?!?!?! those nuns were right, my writing is frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arthur C. Clarke
    From Wikipedia- Sir Arthur Charles Clarke was a British science fiction author, inventor, and futurist, most famous for the novel 2001: A Space Odyssey.

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cory Doctorow. Have no idea who this is, but scanning some of his work, I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chuck Palahniuk.

    I've not read any of his stuff... perhaps I need to. =)

    Very strange to be compared to a living author!

    ReplyDelete

For those of you not commenting directly from a blog, the simplest way to leave a comment is to go to the "Comment as" dropdown menu and select Name/URL. Type in your name and don't worry about the URL.