Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cool organizational tips from Real Simple Magazine


I'm not much of a spring cleaner. Assuming my house is going to get trashed during the three months of my two boys traipsing in and out, I really don't see the point. But right around this time of year I seem to get the urge to purge, and clean, and reorganize.

A lot of my friends seem to be doing the same thing. And many of them have kids going off to college this year as well. So for all of you, and especially those who are looking to spruce up your dorm room or home for pennies, click on this great list from Real Simple Magazine for clever new uses for ordinary household items. I must say I especially like the first one that suggests using rubber doorstops as laptop risers.

And if you get the chance, pick up the latest edition of Real Simple Family. They recently asked for submissions on the topic "Little White Lies You've Told Your Kids" and mine was selected. It's the first time I've been published nationally. OK, it's only one line, but it's a start. I'm going somewhere, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those of you not commenting directly from a blog, the simplest way to leave a comment is to go to the "Comment as" dropdown menu and select Name/URL. Type in your name and don't worry about the URL.