Sunday, February 6, 2011

OK - fess up - Did you have a favorite Super Bowl ad?

Well, the game may be over (insert shameless PACKER WOO HOO! here) but the jury's still out on Super Bowl XLV's Super Ads. I've seen better, I've seen worse. Based on my focus group (a handful of Facebook friends following the game and the reaction of my two children), here are some of the most talked about:

Doritos hit it big with the fearless pug and the licking, sniffing coworker:


Anheuser Busch drank it up with a kitchen redo, Bud Light-style and a weird western version of "Tiny Dancer":


Snickers tried to "one-up" the commercial that made Betty White famous (again), this time with Richard Lewis and Roseanne Barr:


My male Facebook friends (and a few females) put the Chrysler 200 commercial featuring Eminem at the top of their list:


And my boys loved the Volkswagon homage to "The Force" - as I'm sure did any Star Wars fan:


And I'm sorry... but the E*TRADE talking baby creeps me out.

So what was your favorite Super Bowl commercial? Which one did you hate? Which one was lame? Offensive? And above all, did any of them make you want to buy the product?

2 comments:

  1. Crap! Was that TONIGHT?? I watched AFV. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously I'd have to say the Chrysler ad, followed closely by the Darth Vader ad, but none of them were that great this year.

    ReplyDelete

For those of you not commenting directly from a blog, the simplest way to leave a comment is to go to the "Comment as" dropdown menu and select Name/URL. Type in your name and don't worry about the URL.