Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The best years of our lives are....


Apparently, the 80's.

No, not the 1980's (although a few of those years rank right up there with me). YOUR 80's. For realsies.

In an article on the Time NewsFeed, a study by the American National Academy of Sciences has found that the mental state of well-being that's associated with youth gradually abandons us as we live through adulthood, hitting rock bottom in our mid-40s. But later, things get better, and our mood probably peaks at the ripe age of 85.

I don't know about that. I'd say my 40's has been probably the BEST decade of my life so far, just like my mom said. And if she's any indication, it's only going to get better from here.

Here's a link to the article. Read it, then tell me what you think. So far, what's been the best decade of your life? And do you think your 80's will be your "maximum level of cheerfulness and optimism"?

The Best Years of Our Lives

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those of you not commenting directly from a blog, the simplest way to leave a comment is to go to the "Comment as" dropdown menu and select Name/URL. Type in your name and don't worry about the URL.